Joseph Jonghyun Jeon
Associate Professor of English
Education: Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley; B.A., The Johns Hopkins University
Expertise: Asian/American literature and visual culture; 20th-century American literature; American Modernism
With Pomona Since: 2011
Office: Crookshank Hall 206
Campus Phone: (909) 607-8124
Email: Joseph Jonghyun Jeon
Racial forms; forgetting; post-IMF Korean Film; postracial fictions
- ENGL051 PO Modern American Fiction
- ENGL187J PO Asian American Literature
- ENGL114 PO Asian/American Forms
- ENGL135 PO The “American” Century
- Racial Things, Racial Forms: Objecthood in Avant-Garde Asian American Poetry. Contemporary North American Poetry Series. Iowa City: University Iowa Press, 2012.
- “Asian American Poetry,” in Cambridge History of American Poetry. Ed. Stephen Burt and Alfred Bendixen. New York: Cambridge University Press (forthcoming).
- “Memories of Memories: Historicity, Nostalgia, and Archive in Bong Joon–ho’s Memories
of Murder.” Cinema Journal (forthcoming).
- “Residual Selves: Trauma and Forgetting in Park Chan-wook’s Oldboy.” positions: east asia culture critique 17.3 (2009).