Science Technology Society Concentration
The Public Policy Analysis major consists of a five-course policy sequence, a statistics/mathematics requirement, a three-class internship and thesis sequence, and a concentration chosen by the student.
- Five-course public policy sequence
- Economics 51, 52
- Politics 3 or PPA 1, 135 and
- One of the following science and public policy courses: Politics 136, HMC Soc Sci 124, ID 187 or PI Pol St 133 or 184
- Economics 103, Politics 90, Psychology 158, or a course approved by the PPA program coordinator.
- Core courses in History and Philosophy of Science and Technology
- Two of the following:
- STS 80, STS 81, STS 82; and
- Phil 103
- Four courses in Mathematics (30 or above), science, and/or engineering (including experimental and physiological psychology, excluding the statistics requirement above):
- One semester of a laboratory science; and
- Three courses in one field that count toward a major in that field, or that are prerequisites to courses that count toward a major in that field.
5. Three-course internship-thesis sequence (PPA 190, 191, 195)