Environmental Analysis, informally known as EA, is an academic program of students and faculty interested in the Environmental Complex - how humanity and the environment relate to one another. It is a complex program with courses crossing over 20 disciplines at all five Claremont Colleges, reflecting the diverse interests and resources of the EA community.
A student who majors in Environmental Analysis will:
- engage, assess, and critique an interdisciplinary scholarly literature;
- apply relevant theoretical techniques and methodological insights to environmental issues across the disciplines;
- conduct original archival, empirical and/or applied research, individually and collaboratively;
- speak and write clearly and persuasively;
- understand the real-world dimensions of environmental problem-solving.