The Pomona College Internship Program (PCIP) was developed in 1976 and provides students with part-time experiential learning opportunities in the greater Los Angeles and Inland Empire areas. The program provides students with the opportunity to gain valuable pre-professional experience and explore career paths through structured training, connections to internship sites, and financial assistance.
The goals of PCIP are to:
- Develop a better understanding of a professional work environment
- Enhance knowledge and awareness about a particular career field and provide networking opportunities
- Learn how a liberal arts education will apply in a work environment
- Aid in the process of determining what career to pursue after graduation
Students receive a stipend for an approved PCIP internship to help alleviate financial barriers to participating in unpaid internship opportunities. [Stipend amounts are based on the completed internship hours for the semester and are funded from Financial Aid Student Allotments.]
- 60 - 79 hours: $650 stipend
- 80 - 100 hours: $800 stipend
Additionally, students can apply to receive a transportation subsidy that helps support one round-trip per week to and from the internship site.
Students who complete PCIP in good standing will receive a .5 credit internship transcript notation, which is non-cumulative and does not count toward the 32 credits required to graduate.
For more information, please attend an information session. If you are unable to attend an information session, contact the Career Development Office at PCIP@pomona.edu, 909-621-8144, or stop by Alexander Hall 143.
Interested in Hosting an Intern?
If your organization is interested in hosting intern(s) through PCIP, click here.