Pomona College Internship Program (PCIP)
The Pomona College Internship Program (PCIP) provides students with a part-time internship in the greater Los Angeles area. The program helps Pomona students gain valuable pre-professional experience and explore career paths, while making meaningful contributions to partnering organizations.
Pomona College Internship Program Goals
The Pomona College Internship Program (PCIP) was developed in 1976 and provides students paid experiential learning opportunities during the academic year in the greater Los Angeles area. This program aims to help students:
- Develop a better understanding of a professional work environment
- Enhance their knowledge and awareness about a particular career field and provide networking opportunities
- Learn how their liberal arts education will apply in a work environment
- Aid in the process of determining what career to pursue after graduation
Qualities & Benefits of the PCIP program
- Direct supervision and training
- Mentoring from a professional who can impart your experience and wisdom
- Networking opportunities
- Help facilitate the application of a liberal arts degree in the real world
- Tasks & responsibilities of an entry-level employee
- Agreement & understanding of a student’s full-time schedule
Brief Information about the PCIP
- While the majority of internships are located near Claremont, there are also internships as far away as Riverside or West Los Angeles. This enables students intern at sites best suited to their interests.
- Interns must complete a minimum of 60 hours, max of 100 hours during the semester, internships generally require 5-12 hours per week for 10-13 weeks.
- Students are paid any hourly rate throughout their internship to help alleviate financial barriers that prevent students from doing an unpaid internship.
- A monthly stipend is provided to cover the cost of transportation that is necessary to get to the students internship (Zip Car, Metro, Amtrak, Bus, Taxi, gas reimbursement).
- Each student must be enrolled in courses at Pomona College at the time of the internship. (Students on leave or studying abroad are ineligible the semester(s) they are away).
To learn more, email Marcela Rojas or call 909.607.3938.
*Transportation stipends are NOT deducted from and are separate from a student’s work allotment amount.