How to apply for PCIP
How to Apply for PCIP
- Step 1 -- Attend a mandatory PCIP Information Session. PCIP Information Sessions occur one semester BEFORE the actual internship begins
- Step 2 -- Attend one required workshop and complete assignments on Career Beam.
- Step 3 -- Submit a PCIP application, along with your resume and cover letter, and receive notification from Internship Coordinator. Details and instructions are provided at the mandatory information sessions.
- Resources that can help with your resume and cover letter.
- Have applied to internships well suited to the career path that the student wants to explore.
- Have space in their weekly schedule. Students need to demonstrate changes they are prepared to make in their schedule to accommodate the significant time commitment of an internship.
- Seniors who are doing a thesis need to address how they will make time to do a PCIP internship.
Applying for PCIP while studying abroad
For students studying abroad, please email the Internship Coordinator in early March (for a fall PCIP) or early October (for a spring PCIP) for directions on how to apply and submit your application. Interviews with employers for internships will occur via email, by phone or Skype.
PCIP Selection Criteria
Eligibility Criteria for a PCIP with an Outside Organization
If students need guidance on how to find outside organizations that fit their interests, please contact the Internship Coordinator or visit the CDO during Drop-in Advising [pdf] hours.