How to apply for PCIP
PCIP Application, DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 20th
BEFORE SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION:
1. Attend Workshops
- PCIP Information Session (Check the “Events” tab in ClaremontConnect for more info)
- The final information session will be held on February 17th at 12:20pm.
- So Tell Me About Your Liberal Arts Degree (Check the “Events” tab in ClaremontConnect for more info)
- The final session will be held on Wednesday, February 18th at 5:30pm
- If you are unable to attend any workshop due to schedule conflicts, please contact the Experiential Programs Manager at PCIP@pomona.edu.
- Complete “Quick Profile”
- Complete “Where Do I Start”
- Record Practice Interview – “Make a First Impression”
- Be sure to “SAVE” your interview questions
- Answer at least five interview questions (Choose: General Questions)
SUBMITTING YOUR PCIP APPLICATION IS A 2-STEP PROCESS!
STEP 1: ClaremontConnect Application
- Log-on to ClaremontConnect
- Scroll over the “Opportunities (Jobs, Internships, On-Campus Recruiting)” tab
- Select “ClaremontConnect Opportunities (7Cs)”
- Search and apply for “PCIP – Fall 2015 **Pomona Only**”
- Attach your resume AND cover letter (tailored for PCIP or a specific job)
- Attach your unofficial transcript
STEP 2: Supplemental Questionnaire
- Complete the “Supplemental Questionnaire” linked to the ClaremontConnect posting
- Your application will not be accepted if you do not complete the supplemental questionnaire.
- Take the questionnaire seriously. The questions are intended to be thoughtful and well-written essay questions.
- You are able to resume your application IF you have cookies enabled and you use the same computer. It is recommended to save the answers to your questions in a Word document in case your application cannot be saved and returned to at a later time.
Applying for PCIP while studying abroad
For students studying abroad, please email the Internship Coordinator in early February (for a fall PCIP) or late September (for a spring PCIP) for directions on how to apply and submit your application. Interviews with employers for internships will occur via email, phone, or Skype.