Summer Internship Funding Program
47 Seconds on Summer Funded Internships
Looking for funding for your low-paid or unpaid internship?
Each year the Career Development Office offers funding for unpaid or low paying summer internships. The funding awards encourage students to pursue career exploration through summer internships in all career fields. The CDO will assist students in their search as we have access to over 6,000 internships from across the country and the world through the Liberal Arts Career Network (LACN), NIC and Going Global and other resources.
The goals of the program are for students to:
• Gain a rich understanding of a particular field and/or organization
• Have a personalized internship opportunity
• Connect the internship to their career goals/aspirations
• Have access to an internship that could be pivotal in their career development but would be difficult without additional funding
The CDO works to ensure that students maximize their experience by requiring activities that will advance students’ career development.
• Internship Agreement - clearly defining internship responsibilities, learning opportunities, and supervisory structure
• 3 journal entries that help students reflect on their experience and what they’re learning
• 3 informational interviews to help students expand their career network and knowledge of the industry
• Mid-internship evaluation allowing the supervisor and student to check in on the progress of the internship
• A final evaluation by the student and supervisor giving both sides the opportunity to reflect on the internship
• Participate in the SURP/Summer Funding Poster Conference along with any campus events highlighting the students’ summer experience
• Students who complete the program in good standing will receive a .5 credit notation on their transcript which will be non-cumulative and will not count towards the 32 credits required to graduate.