We're here to help you!
Schedule an appointment on ClaremontConnect
Drop-In Advising Hours
3:00 - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
10:30 - 11:30 a.m., Tuesday & Thursday
Academic Year: 8:00 a.m. - noon & 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Summer Break: 8:00 a.m. - noon & 1:00 - 4:30 p.m.
An informational interview is a conversation with someone who works in a field or career you are interested in. Conducting informational interviews can be used to strengthen your network and build professional ties.
It can help you:
- Get first-hand perspective on how things really work in certain fields
- Evaluate whether the career you are considering is compatible with your skills, interests, and goals
- Hear specific suggestions on how to gain the knowledge and experience you need
- Narrow your options and target specific positions and companies
- Learn the important issues in the field
- Expand your network of contacts
- Create a strategy for entering your field