Special Online Resources for Sagehens
The CDO offers several online resources just for Sagehens. These include the Career Resource Library, ClaremontConnect, Sagehen Career Connection, VAULT, CDO Listservs, and other online subscription services provided by the CDO.
If you do not already have the logins to access the resources listed below, please e-mail us or call 909.621.8144 (or ext. 18144 if on campus) to obtain login information.
Pomona College Career Resource Library
To access CAL, log on to ClaremontConnect and click on "Opportunities/Resources"
- Thousands of print and online career resources at your fingertips. All books and publications available in the CDO's Career Resource Library.
- Search out print and online career resources using the CDO classification system and/or key words.
- Sign up to receive notifications when resources of interest to you are added.
- Rate resources and submit new resources for inclusion in the database.
- Create and print search specific bibliographies for your personal records.
Log on to ClaremontConnect through the CDO Web for:
- On-campus job listings
- National full & part-time job listings
- Access to our web-based on-campus recruiting system with information on employer presentations and career programs, on-campus recruiting job & internship descriptions, interview sign-ups and more
- Full & part-time, paid & unpaid, national internship listings
- CDO events, programs, & announcements calendar
Career Insider - VAULT's Online Career Library
brought to you by the CDO
To access Career Insider, log on to ClaremontConnect and click on "Opportunities/Resources"
- 100+ free downloadable VAULT Guides
- Extensive employer, industry and profession overviews
- Employer, school and profession reviews
- Career blogs, discussion groups and videos
- Latest career news on industries and professions
- Career, resume and interviewing advice
- Job and internship resources & listings
"Like" us on Facebook!
- CDO on Facebook gives you helpful career news articles, tips, events, resource recommendations and more.
Join CDO's LinkedIn Group, "Pomona College Career Connections"
- Are you on LinkedIn? Get connected now with alumni, classmates, former and current employers and others to explore career ideas and make contacts for career exploration, job or internship searches, advice and more. Plus, join "Pomona College Career Connections" to read and participate in current career discussions.
- Choose the industry information you want to hear about! Plus, get the heads-up on key events, opportunities, job & internship listings, career resources, and tips.
- Log on to ClaremontConnect and click on "Email/Resume Book Preferences" tab. Select the targeted emails you'd like to receive and click "Save changes." That's it!
- Opt in or out at any time, and subscribe to as many as you like.
Nationwide Internships Consortium (NIC)
- The Nationwide Internships Consortium (NIC) is a group of 17 colleges, of which Pomona is a member, located in various regions throughout the country, whose purpose is to provide a broad spectrum of internship listings to students and alumni of member institutions.
- Search these internship listings by logging on to ClaremontConnect and selecting "Jump To" at the top right of your screen.
- Internship listings database offering selective domestic and international opportunities as well as helpful advice and information on all things internships. You can even sign up for their e-newsletter and get the latest internship news and announcements delivered right to your e-doorstep!
- Glassdoor is a jobs and community website that offers visitors an inside look at jobs an companies throughout the U.S. The website contains employee generated content like salaries, company reviews and interview questions asked by their recruiters. Pomona students can gain unlimited access to nearly 3 million salaries and reviews by clicking the link above.
- Use this resource to search for funding for outside opportunities--everything from research to graduate school to non-profit start-up funding.