IRS Data Retrieval
NOTE! Those families not eligible to use IRS Data Retrieval (eg. married couples who file separate tax returns) are required to request and submit the Federal Tax Transcript (Step #2 below).
If you and/or your parent(s) filed taxes and have not already used the IRS Data Retrieval Process, you and/or your parent(s) will be REQUIRED to complete ONE of the following steps to complete the Verification process:
- Complete the 2012 IRS Data Retrieval Tool online (RECOMMENDED IF ELIGIBLE!).
- Log into your 2013-2014 FAFSA using your PIN (fafsa.ed.gov).
- Click Link to IRS. (Your FAFSA will be saved and you will be transferred to the IRS Web site.)
- On the IRS Website, enter the requested information.
- Once the IRS has validated your identification, your IRS tax information will display. At this time you will be able to transfer your information from the IRS to your FAFSA.
- NOTE! Once you have performed the IRS Data Retrieval, do not go back in and manually update your FAFSA. This will require you to complete the process again.
- Mail an official 2012 Federal Tax Transcript directly to our office.
- To request a Federal Tax Transcript, visit www.IRS.gov and click on the link for Order a Return or Account Transcript, or contact the Internal Revenue Service at 1-800-908-9946.
- Once received in the mail, you must forward this document to the following address:
Office of Financial Aid
550 N. College Avenue, #117
Claremont, CA 91711
For additional information, please visit the following federal website: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/help/irshlp9.htm