Office of Institutional Research
The Office of Institutional Research conducts research and facilitates the use of data to support planning and decision making processes at the College. The work of OIR spans a number of areas:
- Reporting. Maintaining a central repository of longitudinal institutional data and coordinating the compilation and reporting of College data to internal and external audiences.
- Surveys. Managing a coordinated program of institutional surveys of students, faculty, alumni.
- Decision Support. Developing analytical approaches and tools to support decision-making and planning activities.
- Planning. Working with campus constituents to clarify goals, develop meaningful indicators for monitoring success, and facilitate institutional alignment around strategic priorities.
- Data Governance. Contributing to the development of policies and practices that comport with Pomona's commitment to the effective and ethical stewardship of data assets.
OIR is active in national conversations about higher education and educational research and regularly participates in related activities with the Association for Institutional Research (AIR), the Consortium on Financing Higher Education (COFHE), the Higher Education Data Sharing Consortium (HEDS), and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
The Office has standing assignments on the following College committees: President's Advisory Committee on Diversity (PACD), the Teaching and Learning Committee (TLC), and the Data Stewardship Committee.
|Jennifer Rachford, PhD||Director of Institutional Research||(909) 607-2201||(909) 621-8499|
Mailing AddressPomona College, Institutional Research, 550 N. College Avenue, Claremont, CA 91711
Campus LocationAlexander Hall 129