The Queer Resource Center is dedicated to providing education, advocacy, and support for the diverse lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, intersex, asexual, and ally (LGBTQQIAA) community at the Claremont Colleges. The QRC does this through:
Providing a Safe Space
- Providing a visible, comfortable, and accessible center for the LGBTQQIAA community of the Claremont College to congregate, study, and explore issues of identity.
- Responding quickly and effectively to hate crimes and biased-related incidents.
- Creating inclusive policies and an inclusive environment for the transgender community.
- Collaborating with all entities of the Claremont Colleges in order to create an inclusive, safe, and nurturing environment for the LGBTQQIAA community through policy development, programs, and intellectual endeavors
- Consistently offering high-quality, educational, social, and social justice orientated programming which reflects the diversity within the LGBTQQIAA community.
- Building and maintaining strong coalitions with on-campus student organizations, faculty, staff, and alumni at The Claremont Colleges.
Encouraging Personal Growth
- Empowering individuals to be proactive, responsible, and respected LGBTQQIA student leaders.
- Supporting members of LGBTQQIAA community to grow holistically; creating a healthy and balanced community.
In working towards these goals, the QRC recognizes and actively addresses the diversity within the LGBTQQIAA community. This includes, but is not limited to, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, sex, class, religion and ability.