Bookmark and Share
  • Text +
  • Text -

Transitioning at Pitzer College


Pitzer College offers campus wide gender-neutral housing options. Gender-neutral housing provides a living environment where student housing is not restricted to traditional limitations imposed by gender and/or sex definitions. This option is ideal for students whose gender expression, gender identity and/or biological sex varies from the standard paradigm and for students who believe that their gender and/or biological sex should not be limiting factors in roommate decisions. No student will be restricted by traditional limitations of gender identity, gender expression, biological sex, or other identities pertaining thereto. All students have the option to participate in, or opt out of, gender-neutral housing. Each student is encouraged to explore various housing options and consider your roommate situation to determine what will make you most comfortable. For more information, please contact Tressi Mehana Chun in the Housing Office.

Name Change at Pitzer College

While your legal name cannot be changed except by court order, it is possible to have your preferred name appear on class rosters, on Sakai, and in your email username.  To request a preferred name, please contact the  Pitzer Registrar’s Office.  The Registrar’s Office will add your preferred name to the Pitzer student information system and communicate your request to Information Technology Services and other administrative offices.  Updates typically take about two weeks to process.  Please be mindful that your name appears in many places, and your legal name is the default for official College records, including your transcript. If you have questions or problems in requesting a preferred name please stop by the Registrar’s Office or send an email to If you would like to have your preferred name printed on your ID card, please contact Tressi Mehana Chun, Housing Coordinator