Green Building Features: Peter W. Stanley Academic Quad
The Peter W. Stanley Academic Quad was dedicated on May 17, 2007, and marked the final project of a restoration project for the Academic Quad district - Mason, Crookshank, and Pearsons Halls. The quad acts as a garden and courtyard space between these three academic buildings.
The redesign of the quad features the following sustainability features:
- Reduction of turf by 5,000 square feet
- Drought-tolerant landscape choices
- Highly efficient closed-loop fountain to reduce water use
- Bioswales to collect and filter stormwater and drain it into the natural aquifer
- Outdoor teaching and social spaces