So you're ready to apply? Here are some things you'll need to know.
You may only apply to one college or university through an early decision program. By applying for Early Decision, you unconditionally agree to attend Pomona College if you're accepted, and agree to withdraw all other applications.
First-Year and International Students
- Complete the Common Application, which includes a Pomona-specific essay and additional questions.
- One-time, non-refundable application fee of $70 via Common Application: Be sure to submit your payment only once.
- Secondary School Report: Completed by your high school counselor, due by the application deadline. We require another Midyear Report by mid-February.
- Official high school transcripts: Send your transcripts through your junior year. We'll also need you to send your first-term senior grades as soon as you have them.
- Scores for the SAT Reasoning Test or the ACT: Send all your scores directly to Pomona from the testing agency. More on testing requirements>>
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers: Teachers should be from academic core areas, and from your junior or senior year.
- Interviewing: If you're thinking about applying, we recommend you interview with an admissions officer, senior interviewer, or with an alumni representative. To schedule an on-campus interview, please register online at least three weeks in advance. If you live outside the area and can't visit campus for an interview, you can request an alumni interview.
- Visiting Campus: Learn more about being on campus to find out if Pomona is the right fit for you.
- Arts and Science Supplements: You can submit additional information about yourself in these fields, along with your application.
- Financial Aid Application: Pomona College is committed to awarding financial aid to each enrolling student found to have financial need. A student’s financial need is not negatively considered by the Admissions Committee and does not affect the admission decision for U.S. citizens and permanent residents.
We require all disciplinary questions to be fully answered on the Common Application Secondary School Report.
Leaving the questions blank or answering "School policy prevents me from responding" is not acceptable. We will be unable to release an admissions decision without a completed disciplinary history from a school administrator.
For International Students Only
We welcome cultural and linguistic diversity, but have no English as a Second Language or other remedial programs for foreign students.
If you're from a school where English isn't the first language, you must also submit scores from: