The Seaver House
The Seaver House: Alumni House of Pomona College
Built in 1900 by Pomona Valley pioneers Carlton and Estella Seaver, this house stood on the corner of Holt and Garey Avenues in the city of Pomona, California. There the Seavers raised six children, all of whom graduated from Pomona College: Georgia '04, Frank Roger '05, Byron Dick '08, Homer Carlton '11, Marguerite '14, and Nila '19.
A gift to Pomona College from the Seaver family, the house was moved in September 1979 to the present site at the corner of College and Bonita Avenues in Claremont, and was dedicated as the Alumni House of Pomona College on April 19, 1980.
In addition to housing the Office of Alumni and Constituent Engagement, The Seaver House is reserved for college-related activities during the academic year. During the summers and at other times not conflicting with the academic schedule, the Seaver House may be used for other purposes such as receptions for alumni, faculty and administration, or children of the same; meetings related to the historical nature of the house; or other Pomona College related groups.
For information about using the Seaver House, please call 909-621-8110 or e-mail email@example.com.