How My Gift is Used
Gifts to the Annual Fund provide crucial support for three areas of a Pomona education with the most significant impact on students' lives: scholarships, academic programs and student life.
60% of every gift to the Annual Fund is used to make sure a Pomona education is affordable for all qualified students. This portion of each gift supports the College's need-blind admissions policy (which guarantees that all Pomona students are admitted based on merit, without consideration for the financial circumstances of their families) and need-based financial aid packages (Pomona meets 100% of demonstrated financial need through a combination of scholarships and student employment; loans are not part of the financial aid package).
30% of each gift ensures the excellence of a Pomona education through support of all academic departments and programs, including Summer Undergraduate Research (SURP), study abroad, new faculty start-up funding and The Pomona Organic Farm.
10% of each gift supports student life, extracurricular programs and student organizations including:
- the Asian American Resource Center
- the Queer Resource Center
- the Chicano/Latino Student Affairs Center
- the Office of Black Student Affairs
- the Women's Union
- the College radio station (KSPC)
- the Outdoor Education Center
- Smith Campus Center
- Draper Center
- the Career Development Office
- orientation programs (such as Orientation Adventure)
- the Pomona College Internship Program (PCIP)
- sports teams
- Student Health Services
- Campus Safety
- ...and other student life programs.