This is a packing list for the Camp Orientation Adventure trip.
Printed and signed copies of all required waivers and liability forms.
- Lightweight hiking boots or sturdy sneakers
- Sandals or flip/flops optional
- 2-3 pairs of socks.
Upper Body Garments
- 1 long underwear shirt or long sleeve shirt
- 2 short sleeve shirt or tank top
- 1 insulating layer (fleece, wool sweater, warm sweatshirt)
Lower Body Garments
- 1-2 pair of shorts
- 1 pair of pants(optional)
- 2 pairs of underwear
- Brimmed hat: for sun protection; a baseball cap is fine
Backpacks and Storage Bags
- 1 daypack: for carrying water and lunch during the day. Can also be a large hipbag or bookbag.
- 1 duffle or other soft luggage: should be able to hold all your gear, it is fine if your sleeping bag and sleeping pad can't fit inside.
- Sleeping bag or sheet/blanket
- Sunscreen: with at least a 15 SPF rating (higher recommended)
- Water bottles: at least 1 quart total
- Toiletries: toothbrush and toothpaste, shampoo, etc. Keep it to a minimum.
- Any medications you will require during your trip
- Reading material: lightweight paperback
- Journal (light and compact)
- Headlamp/flashlight: the smaller, the better
- Pillowcase or small camping pillow
Do Not Bring
- Alcohol or illegal drugs
- A different outfit for each day
- Personal electronic devices other than a cellular phone (cell phones for emergencies only—they must be switched off during trip)
- An old candy bar in a jacket pocket that Mr. Bear would love to eat
- Only cotton clothes
- Other miscellaneous deadweight, e.g. your high school yearbook, etc.
- Non-essential toiletries
Keep your trip gear separate from the rest of your luggage so that you won’t have to sort through all your stuff the night before you depart. Compartmentalize where possible (e.g., camera + film in a ziplock bag).Pack light, space will be tight on the bus!
OA leaders will conduct a gear check before your trip departs—you must have all essential items in your possession in order to depart with your group (excepting some items that can be shared, such as sunscreen).
Please contact us if you need to request gear or if you have any questions (phone: 909. 607.2531 email: firstname.lastname@example.org)