Orientation Adventure (OA) is a great opportunity for new students to make their first friends at Pomona and enjoy several days of fun and challenging activities before campus orientation begins.
Orientation Adventure Dates
- New Students arrive at Pomona - Sunday, August 24
- Trips depart from Pomona - Tuesday, August 26
- Trips return to Pomona - Friday, August 29
- On-campus orientation continues - Saturday, August 30
Orientation Adventure (OA) is Pomona’s off-campus orientation program for incoming students. Our trips are a great opportunity for students to make their first friends at Pomona while enjoying several days of exciting activities. A variety of trips is available for students of all interests and ambitions. While the activities of each trip differ, all participants will have the opportunity to meet their classmates, learn about college life first-hand from student leaders, and discover Southern California's rich recreational landscape. Trips are led by Pomona students, with faculty and staff joining most trips. All adventures are co-ed with male and female leaders on each trip, and the participant-to-leader ratio is approximately 5:1. OA leaders are enthusiastic, responsible and experienced students selected from a competitive applicant pool. All student leaders are certified in Adult CPR and Wilderness First Aid by the Wilderness Medical Associates.
Orientation Adventure Costs and Aid
- There is no separate fee to participate in OA. All costs are included in your tuition payment and/or financial aid package.
Orientation Adventure is coordinated by the Office of Student Affairs and operated out of the Pomona's Outdoor Education Center in conjunction with other Pomona offices. Our organizers are students and staff members skilled in wilderness travel and event management. Safety procedures and contingency plans have been developed for all trips. Many of our adventures utilize highly qualified guides and outfitters, and all destinations are protected by an extensive network of safety professionals.
Sign Up For Orientation Adventure
The OA sign-up form is scheduled to be active May 15. It may be ready sooner, follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook for updates.
New students may sign up for their OA trip using the sign-up form found on CollegiateLink located through the Pomona Portal using your login provided from Admissions. Please take some time to browse the OA website to choose the trip that best fits your desire. Once the sign-up form is submitted you may not make changes.
- Go to my.pomona.edu and login with the username and password provided by Admissions.
- Select the “Confirm Your Enrollment” folder.
- Click on the “Orientation Adventure” link in the left-hand navigation.
- Click the button on the top of the page for CollegiateLink. (Turn off any pop-up blockers.)
- Select the option at the top of the page: "Class of 2018 Orientation Adventure Signup... CLICK HERE!"