January 6, 2023 Update:
SURP continues for Summer 2023.
The application is available now, see the main SURP page.
Regarding a checklist for students who have received a SURP award, the below information from the Summer 2022 cycle remains here as a placeholder for reference.
2023 SURP information will be posted here shortly before SURP awards are made.
Thank you for your interest and your patience.
Andy Schuster, Grants Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please review the following information after your SURP has been awarded.
Does Your SURP Involve Research on Human Subjects?
- Complete Institutional Review Board Proposal Form
- Submit form to Dean
David TanenbaumPierre Englebert
- Institutional Review Board Will Review and Make a Recommendation (approve, deny, modify protocol)
- IRB Approved? You May Begin the Investigation
Contact: Pierre Englebert, Associate Dean, Alexander Hall
Does Your Research Involve Research on Vertebrates?
- Mentor Completes and Submits Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) Proposal Form
- Submit AURA document to Professor Cynthia Selassie
- IACUC Will Review and Make a Recommendation (approve, deny, modify)
- IACUC Approved? You May Begin the Investigation
Contact: Please contact your faculty mentor.
Are You an International Student in Need of a Social Security Card?
- Complete SSA Employment Letter, Bring to Associate Dean Pierre Englebert for Signature
- Email SSA Letter to Kathy Quispe, Receive Endorsement Letter
- Complete Application for a Social Security Card
- Take Completed Application to Social Security Administration along with supporting documents
- You Will Receive Receipt the Same Day. You Are Now Permitted to Work
- For more information about this process, please visit the International Students and the Social Security Card website.
- Contact: Kathy Quispe, International Student Advisor, Oldenborg Center
Need Campus Housing?
- Attend Room Draw for Summer Housing
Contact: email@example.com, Office of Housing
Requesting Direct Deposit?
- Complete/Return form to Accounts Payable Office
Contact: Irma Flores
Working in a Lab?
- Attend Mandatory Lab Safety Training Course
Contact: Sean Young, Environmental Health and Safety Officer