Jump to navigation
- Attend a sponsor group meeting to learn about CDO resources.
- Become familiar with Handshake and build your interest profile.
- Use Career Beam, and other resources, to explore interests, values, skills, work environments, etc.
- Talk with CDO staff and discuss how your interests and preferences relate to majors and careers.
- Visit the CDO and use the library and other resources to research majors and careers of interest.
- Attend Career and major related events and meetings to learn more about fields of interest.
- Volunteer off-campus. Join campus clubs or activities related to your fields of interest.
- Create a résumé – use the CDO’s Résumé and Letter Guide to help you.
- Build your LinkedIn profile and learn how to find Pomona alumni and other people working in your fields of interest.
- Learn about networking and informational interviewing and practice talking with people about their career paths and interests.
Implement Your Plan
- Get an on-campus job and build your experience.
- Apply for a PCIP or a SURP. Work with the CDO and find a summer experience to learn more about your interest areas.
- Start your summer internship search in December.
- Shadow a Sagehen over winter break to learn about possible career paths.