Jump to navigation
- Identify and reflect on the pros and cons of your experiences-jobs, internships, volunteer, leadership, classroom, etc. and look for trends.
- Create a list of possible post-graduation career paths. Get input from trusted advisors like the CDO, faculty, or alumni.
- Attend career related workshops and presentations through academic departments and the 7C Career Centers.
- Research alumni career paths to learn career options. Use resources like Candid Career and LinkedIn for your research.
- Talk with faculty about graduate school and fellowship options and recommendations.
- Volunteer and take on leadership roles in your areas of interest.
- Do a practice interview in preparation for internship, fellowship, or graduate school interviews.
- Continue to hone your networking skills through informational interviewing and attending career-related events.
Implement Your Plan
- Complete a career-related internship or research position either through PCIP, SURP or on your own. For some industries, the summer following Junior year is the springboard for an opportunity in that field post-graduation.
- Identify job listing sites in your field.
- Determine your top post-graduation interest: graduate school, full-time position, fellowship, gap year, etc.
- If considering graduate school, research programs and prepare for entrance exams.