Jump to navigation
- Clarify your interests and values – discuss with the CDO how they connect to your post-graduation plans.
- Examine the pros and cons of past experiences (internships, volunteer, research, co-curricular).
- Network with alumni and conduct informational interviews to learn about career paths and options.
- Explore gap year opportunities or research your target industry and employers.
- Update your Handshake profile. Identify key job search resources in your field.
- Have your résumé, cover letters, and personal statements reviewed by the CDO.
- Refine your interviewing skills by signing up for a practice interview.
Implement Your Plan
- Talk with trusted advisors and people in your field. Connect with professional associations.
- Determine criteria for post-graduation plans and design search around those priorities.
- Attend career fairs, info sessions, alumni panels and workshops.
- Identify target organizations, grad schools and fellowships; focus your search efforts there.