Jump to navigation
- Make an appointment with a career counselor to discuss assessments and career options.
- Clarify skills, interests, and work preferences and reflect on how they relate to possible careers.
- Examine your experiences (work, classroom, hobbies, etc.) and identify those that ignite your passions and imagination.
- Build knowledge and identify skills and experiences for fields of interest using Career Beam, print and on-line resources, professional associations, etc.
- Actively participate in groups related to your interests to gain experience and test out those fields.
- Talk with alumni and others with similar interests and learn about their experiences.
- Visit the Study Abroad Office to look into options for studying abroad.
- Join LinkedIn Groups related to your fields of interest.
- Update your résumé to reflect your college experiences.
- Build your professional network – conduct informational interviews, talk with professors, and attend industry-related events.
- Search for summer internships that build on your interests. Learn how to position yourself for getting your top opportunities.
Implement Your Plan
- Declare your major after exploring varied coursework.
- Complete a career-related internship or research position either through PCIP, SURP or on your own.
- Develop an on-going connection with 3-5 people working in your field for mentoring and professional advisement.