Jump to navigation
- Reflect on your experiences to identify possible fields or paths to explore that ignite your passions.
- Talk with a career advisor to discuss your interests, experiences, career options, and next steps.
- Create a list of possible post-grad career paths with input from trusted advisors and faculty.
- Actively participate in courses, groups, and clubs related to your interests to gain experience and test out those fields.
- Attend interest-related workshops, presentations, career fairs, and academic/co-curricular events.
- Customize your Handshake profile to make sure you receive emails when positions and events of interests are happening on campus or around the other Claremont Colleges.
- Create or refine your résumé and get ready to use it!
- Practice your networking skills – attend a workshop, career fair, or professional event.
- Connect with people in your interest area through LinkedIn, Sagehen Connect, and SagePost47.
- Conduct informational interviews to gain knowledge in your field of interest through shadowing a Sagehen.
Implement Your Plan
- Take on leadership roles with organizations in your interest areas.
- Identify career-related opportunities and apply for a SURP, PCIP, internship, or research experience.
- Talk with your faculty and other advisors about possible post-graduation paths.
- Know the typical hiring practices of your chosen field: some fields recruit for their summer jobs/internships in early fall.