Campus Fellowships for Experiential Learning offers students an opportunity to engage in an independent, self-designed, project-based experience completed with the support of staff and/or faculty advisor/mentor at Pomona College.
Campus Fellowships for Experiential Learning provides support for an on-campus, non-employment, experiential learning opportunity that enhances a student’s self-understanding and knowledge of resources in support of their academic and/or career aspirations.
How Fellows Are Selected
- Students must identify & design an independent project.
- Students must be able to commit a minimum of 40 hours to their project during the semester.
- Students must secure a project advisor/mentor prior to applying.
- Students then apply for fellowships via Handshake.
Expectations for Fellows
- Fellows must be able to commit to a minimum of 40 hours to their project during the semester.
- The project may take the form of a 5-10 page paper, 20-30 minute poster presentation, website or online portfolio, or campus event.
Expectations for Advisors & Mentors
Advisors are asked to meet with the fellow at the beginning of their project to gain an understanding of their goals and project timeline. Advisors should continue to:
- Meet regularly with the fellow throughout the semester to ensure progress on their project, troubleshoot any issues, and connect them to resources that may aid in the completion of their project.
- The Advisor must be the one to verify the Fellow met the 40-hour minimum commitment.
- Campus Fellowships are not salaried, shift positions, or campus employees.
Funding Process for Campus Fellows
- Funding will be dispersed via Direct Deposit.
- The CDO will coordinate with Business Office and the Campus Fellow on Direct Deposit paperwork.