The Campus Fellowships for Experiential Learning offers students an opportunity to engage in an independent, self-designed, project-based experience completed with the support of staff and/or faculty advisor/mentor at Pomona College. The Campus Fellowships for Experiential Learning provides support for an on-campus, non-employment, experiential learning opportunity that enhances a student’s self-understanding & knowledge of resources in support of their academic and/or career aspirations.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Fellows Are Selected
- Students must identify & design an independent project.
- Students must be able to commit a minimum of 40 hours to their project during the semester.
- Students must secure a project advisor/mentor prior to submitting an application.
- Students then apply for fellowships via Handshake.
Expectations of Project Advisors/Mentors
- Meet with the fellow at the beginning of their project in order to gain an understanding of their goals & project timeline.
- Continue to regularly meet with the fellow throughout the semester to ensure progress on their project, troubleshoot any issues, and connect them to resources that may aid in the completion of their project.
- The Advisor/Mentor of the Fellow's project must be the one to verify the Fellow met the 40-hour minimum commitment.
- Campus Fellowships are not salaried or shift positions, and fellows are not campus employees.
Expectations of Campus Fellows
- Fellows must be able to commit a minimum of 40 hours to their project during the semester
- The project may take the form of a 5-to-10 page paper, 20-30 minute poster presentation, website/online portfolio, or campus event
Funding Process for Campus Fellows
- Funding will be dispersed via Direct Deposit to the fellow.
- CDO will coordinate with Business Office and Fellow for Direct Deposit paperwork.