Have a great idea for a project you’d like to pursue? Want to explore an interest of yours with mentorship from Student Affairs staff? The Campus Fellowships for Experiential Learning offers students an opportunity to engage in a self-led, project-based experience with a research component, completed with the support of Student Affairs staff at Pomona College. Selected Fellows receive a $750 Stipend for experiences that encompass the following:
- Can be related to pre-thesis/thesis work
- A project that furthers students’ academic interests and/or career development
- Take the form of a paper, performance, or other creative work
Examples of Potential Projects Completed by Fellows
Sports and Identity Amongst Latinx Student-Athletes
Supported by: Chicano/Latino Student Affairs Center
Medium: Short Film
Re-Conceptualizing Study Abroad
Supported by: International Place
Medium: Art Exhibition
The Culture of Natural Birth: Bodily Autonomy & Motherhood
Supported by: The Women’s Union
Homesick: Finding Community through Residence Life
Supported by: Office of Housing and Residence Life
- Students must identify & design a project that can be completed in no more than 60 hours in the semester.
- Projects should be short-term, feasible to complete in the time allotted.
- Students apply to positions available within the Student Affairs division via Handshake. Applications consist of: unofficial transcript, resume, & Short Response Essays
- Note: Short Response Essays should be between 250-500 words each and submitted as one PDF document when applying in Handshake.
- Additional materials may be requested by participating offices.
- Participating Student Affairs offices will review all applications and determine which student/project they would like to work with.
- Fellows will be highlighted and their projects will be posted on the Pomona College website.
- This is not a salaried or shift position: there are no expectations of fellows providing administrative support to departments/programs/offices.
- Be a Pomona College undergraduate student: all class years welcome
- Be on campus for the semester you intend to complete your project
- Be in good academic standing (not on academic probation)
- All majors are eligible, including undeclared
How to Apply
- Apply via Handshake. Submit all materials by deadline: January 5, 2018 @ 11:59 p.m. PST
- Unofficial transcript
- Short Response Essays
- Please list any other funded commitments you have for the semester (Campus or off campus job, PCIP, co-curricular position)
Candidates will be notified of acceptance no later than 1/19/2018