Students who are not participating in the Pomona College Internship Program (PCIP), but are participating in an internship, may be eligible for an Internship Transcript Notation. The CDO has been authorized by the faculty to assess internship options and, when warranted, approve internships to be notated as equivalent to one-half-course credit by those colleges that award credit for such work, on the student’s college academic record.
Pomona College does not award graduation credit for stand-alone (non-course-based) internships, so the credit is not calculated into the student’s earned units at Pomona College. Therefore, the one-half-course credit will be noted on the students’ transcript, but will not count towards the total units needed for graduation.
- Be enrolled full-time during the semester of your internship.
- Submit a Request for Internship Transcript Notation form within a week of starting your internship. Students participating in a cooperative exchange program away from Pomona College do not qualify.
- Complete a minimum of 80 hours by the final day of classes (please see Pomona College's Academic Calendar).
- Submit a one-page reflection paper summarizing the experience (details below)
- Submit a final evaluation form completed by the internship supervisor
Complete a one-page reflection paper (single-spaced) addressing the following:
- Identify the sponsoring organization and your responsibilities as an intern.
- Describe your goals for the internship and if each were accomplished.
- What were some challenges and memorable experiences?
- What impact did this experience have on your career/educational goals?
- Would you recommend this internship to another student?
- Describe how your liberal arts education was used in your internship, and how your internship experience will enhance your academic experience moving forward.
Reflection papers are due by the last day of finals (please see Pomona College's Academic Calendar) via Sakai, which you will be given access to upon processing of your request.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Assistant Director of Experiential Learning at PCIP@pomona.edu.