Established in 2005, The President’s Advisory Committee on Diversity (PACD) serves as a leadership body for diversity at Pomona College. With a membership that includes representatives from a wide range of campus constituents, its charge is to monitor campus diversity, advising the President about issues that need attention and assessing Pomona's progress on key priorities.
In its 2011-12 year-end report to President Oxtoby, the President's Advisory Committee on Diversity (PACD) recommended that the College "develop a coordinated process of long-term strategic planning for diversity that builds a strong vision for the future and is supported by ongoing review of challenges and progress." President Oxtoby accepted that recommendation with enthusiasm, tapping PACD to take the lead in coordinating this effort.
That process culminated in "Lighting the Path to 2025: A Vision for Diversity," presented by President Oxtoby to the Pomona College community in May 2015. It represents one milestone among many in the course of work not only by PACD, but by many members of our community whose diligent efforts, spanning many years, have brought us to this point. Diversity is not a new conversation at Pomona, but our work is not yet done. The vision calls on every member of the Pomona community to engage and help lead the College forward in this exciting mission.
Committee Year-End Reports
PACD is composed of three faculty members, at least two of whom are associate or full professors, appointed by the Executive Committee for two-year terms; the Associate Dean of the College who serves as a Diversity Officer; two staff members, appointed by the Staff Council; three students, appointed by the ASPC; an Associate Dean from Student Affairs; an Associate Dean or Director from Admissions; the Director of the Draper Center; the Director of Institutional Research; a Director or Associate Director of Alumni and Parent Engagement; and the Assistant Vice President, Human Resources.
- Nicole Weekes, Professor of Neuroscience; Associate Dean (Diversity Officer); Chair
- Valerie Alvarado, Associate Director of Human Resources
- Ric Townes, Associate Dean, Student Mentoring and Leadership
- Jennifer Rachford, Director of Institutional Research
- Tony Boston, Associate Professor of Physical Education
- Ajay Satpute, Assistant Professor of Psychology
- Hung Thai, Professor of Sociology
- Carla Guerrero, Associate Director, Communications & Strategic Content
- Kayla McCulley, Director of Alumni Learning and Career Programs
- Ashley Pallie, Associate Dean of Admissions
- Wanda Gibson, Senior Associate Director, Career Development Office
- Orlando Gonzalez, Assistant Director, Facilities
- Ji In ("Kit") Lee '17, ASPC Commissioner of Community Relations
- Johny A. Ek Aban '19, Quest Co-President, Admissions intern, Economics major
- Alison Choi '19, History major
Contact the Committee at email@example.com.