Established in 2005, The President’s Advisory Committee on Diversity (PACD) serves as a leadership body for diversity at Pomona College. With a membership that includes representatives from a wide range of campus constituents, its charge is to monitor campus diversity, advising the President about issues that need attention and assessing Pomona's progress on key priorities.
In its 2011-12 year-end report, the President's Advisory Committee on Diversity (PACD) recommended that the College "develop a coordinated process of long-term strategic planning for diversity that builds a strong vision for the future and is supported by ongoing review of challenges and progress." PACD served as the coordinating body in a campus-wide planning effort, culminating in "Lighting the Path to 2025: A Vision for Diversity," presented to the Pomona College community in May 2015.
The plan represents one milestone among many in the course of work not only by PACD, but by many members of our community whose diligent efforts, spanning many years, brought us to this point. Diversity is not a new conversation at Pomona, but our work is not yet done. The vision calls on every member of the Pomona community to engage and help lead the College forward in this exciting mission.
Committee Year-End Reports
PACD is composed of three faculty members, at least two of whom are associate or full professors, appointed by the Executive Committee for two-year terms; the Associate Dean of the College who serves as a Diversity Officer; two staff members, appointed by the Staff Council; three students, appointed by the ASPC; an Associate Dean from Student Affairs; an Associate Dean or Director from Admissions; the Director of the Draper Center; the Director of Institutional Research; a Director or Associate Director of Alumni and Parent Engagement; and the Assistant Vice President, Human Resources.
- Iosefa Aina, Director of the Draper Center
- Valerie Alvarado, Associate Director of Human Resources and Diversity Officer
- Fernando Barcelo '20, Student
- Travis Brown, Director of the Quantitative Skills Center and Academic Cohorts
- Phil Choi, Associate Professor, Physics and Astronomy
- Alison Choi '19, Student History major, Women's Union Staffer
- Wanda Gibson, Senior Associate Director, Career Development Office
- Carla M. Guerrero '06, Associate Director, Communications & Strategic Content
- Orlando Gonzalez, Assistant Director of Facilities
- Phyllis Jackson, Professor, Art History
- Kayla McCulley '09, Director of Alumni Learning and Career Programs
- Ashley Pallie, Associate Dean of Admissions
- Jennifer Rachford, Director of Institutional Research
- Teofanny Saragi '18, ASPC Commissioner of Community Relations
- William Swartz, Professor, Physical Education
- Rolondo Talbott, Director, Program Management Office, ITS
- Ric Townes, Associate Dean, Student Mentoring and Leadership and Diversity Officer
- Kehaulani Vaughn, Associate Dean of Students and Director, Asian American Resource Center
- Nicole Weekes, Professor of Neuroscience; Associate Dean (Diversity Officer); Chair of PACD
Contact the Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.