Residential Life Frequently Asked Questions

General Questions

I lost my ID card. Where can I replace it?

The Housing and Residence Life Office, in the basement of the Smith Campus Center, can replace your lost or stolen ID card. Office hours are 8 a.m. - noon, then 1 - 5 p.m., Monday-Friday. There is a $15 charge for replacement IDs.

I lost my room key. How do I get a new one?

New keys can be ordered at the Office of Housing and Residence Life, in the basement of the Smith Campus Center.  Hours are 8 a.m. - 12 p.m., then 1 - 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday. There is a $75 fee, and the lock must be changed for security purposes. If you live in a double, two keys must be made, but the fee remains the same.

I lost my mailbox key. How do I get a new one?

Mailbox keys are given out from the student mail room. Replacement keys are $25. The student mailroom is located on the first floor of the Smith Campus Center.

Something does not work in my room. Who can I contact?

During business hours, call the maintenance department at (909) 607-2236, or use their online system, After hours, in an emergency, contact Campus Safety at (909) 607-2000 or (909) 607-7233. 

Can I ship packages ahead of time prior to arriving on campus?

Students may ship packages, boxes, etc. to themselves at their campus address. Items cannot be received before August 8. Items received will be held at a special receiving area on campus (Mudd Lounge, in Mudd-Blaisdell hall) for the students to claim them when they arrive.