The information below will show you how to claim your user account and set your password using Pomona’s Identity Management Service:
- Please visit Pomona’s Identity Management Service
- Complete the CAPTCHA (Are You a Robot) screen if prompted to do so.
Note: With some browsers, you may not see this? Proceed to the next step if you do not.
- Activate Your Account by entering the following information:
Note: If you know your username and password, but do not know your Pomona College ID number, please visit Pomona's Portal - Password Help
- Your Pomona College username (e.g., CESX2015, CES01946, etc.)
- Your last name
- Your Pomona College ID (the 8-digit number located on your Pomona College issued ID).
Be sure to leave off any leading zeros, and don’t include any numbers after the hyphen.
- Click the ‘Activate Account’ button to proceed.
- Next, review the terms and conditions, then check the ‘I Agree’ box and hit ‘Continue’ to proceed to the next screen.
- Success and Update Profile
After your account has been found, you will be guided through the remaining steps: resetting your password and providing an alternate email address for account recovery purposes. Click through the next few screens.
- Change Password
Enter your password to register it with the Pomona College Identity Management System to sync it with resources across the Pomona computing systems. You may keep your current password or enter a new one.
After your password has been successfully set, continue on to enter alternate contact information, which will only be used to help you recover your account.
- Update Profile
Please review the message on the screen, check the ‘I Agree’ box to continue onto the next screen, where you will enter your alternate contact information.
- Enter your alternate contact information.
- We require that you enter an alternate (non-Pomona College) email address that we can use to help you recover your account. It is also highly recommended that you also enter your SMS-enabled mobile phone number, as many users find this to be the most convenient way to reset their password.
- After the account claim process has been completed, you can add challenge questions by logging into Pomona’s Identity Management Service with your username and password.
- Confirm Data Profile
Review the contact information that you entered, and if correct click ‘Confirm’ to continue on.
Your contact information has successfully been entered. Continue on to complete the account claim process.
- Main Menu
At this point, you have successfully claimed your account. To log into the service, go to Pomona’s Identity Management Service
Enter your username and password. From there, you can:
- Set up security (or challenge) questions
- Change your current password, and…
- Reset your password if it is forgotten or lost.
If you need assistance during this process, please contact the ITS Service Desk or (909) 621-8061.