The instructions below will show one how to install software (licensed to Pomona College) on college-owned Macintosh computers. Such software includes:
- IBM SPSS Statistics
Note: These instructions assume that you have the JAMF Self Service?utility installed on the computer. Older computers may not have this software. or more information, please contact the ITS Service Desk by calling 1-8061 or emailing email@example.com.
- Go to the Go menu and select Applications.
- In the Applications window, double click on Self Service.
Note: If you do not see Self Service in the Applications folder, please call the ITS Service Desk at (909) 621-8061 from your office.
- Once logged into Self Service, you will find software sorted by category off to the right side. Click on each category till you see the software you desire. You can also do a search in the upper right corner.
- To install the software, click on the “INSTALL” button to the right of each software package.
- Once the installation starts, do not interrupt the installation. The installation will take anywhere from 3 – 20 minutes, depending on the software being installed.
- Once the software is installed, the software package will disappear from Self Service.
The software should now be available in the Applications folder. Double click on the software to run the freshly installed program.
If you encounter trouble with the installation, or if you do not see Self Service in the Applications folder, please call the ITS Service Desk at (909) 621-8061 from your office.