Related KnowledgeBase Articles
There is a large format poster printer at ITS (HP Designjet T1300). Please note that poster printing at ITS is open to Pomona College students, faculty, and staff only. Students from the other Claremont colleges can print for Pomona College classes or research projects.
Pomona College Duplicating Services is also able to print posters for Pomona students/faculty/staff, as well as those from other Claremont Colleges.
- The maximum width of the poster printer is 42 inches, and the maximum length printed is 60 inches. ITS cannot print posters larger than 42″ x 60″
- Posters printed at ITS come as is and do not including any finishing; no lamination, paper trimming, framing, etc.
- Poster printing is not free for anyone. Due to the high cost of poster printer supply, posters run $2.50 per 1 square foot (example: 42 inch x 30 inch poster = $21.88)
- If you are a student printing a poster for a project, the cost of the poster will be billed against your print quota.
- If you are a student printing a poster for a class or research group, ITS can only release the poster(s) for printing once the department coordinator associated with your class or research group has sent a billing number to firstname.lastname@example.org. ITS will charge the cost of the poster to that billing number.
- If you are faculty or staff member, ITS can only release a poster(s) for printing once your department coordinator has sent a billing number to email@example.com. ITS will charge the cost of the poster to that billing number.
ITS Recommendations for Poster Printing
First, create your document as you want to print it. Then, come to ITS Service Desk during staffed hours.
Print your document from one of the lab computers to the ITBLB-HP1300. Please stay till part of the poster has printed to make sure the poster is looking the way you want it.
Off peak hours, please allow at least an hour for your poster to print. If printing with a class, please allow a few hours for your poster to print.