Troubleshooting Video47 Problems
Not every Sakai course site has a video playlist. If your professor has set up a Video Playlist through Video47, you will see a tool in the left column of the course site, saying Video Playlist. Click on the tool.
If you get the message “Not authorized to view this page: Video47” you may need to modify a browser setting.
- From the top Pull down Menu: Select Safari >> Preferences >> Security (picture of the lock)
- Accept cookies should be set to: “Always”
- Close preferences, it might be a good idea to restart your browser.
For Internet Explorer:
- From the top Pull down Menu: Select Tools >> Internet Options
- A window opens, select the “Privacy” tab then click “Advanced”
- Check “Override automatic cookie handling”
- “First-party Cookies” and “Third-party Cookies” should be set to “Accept”
- Finally make sure “Always allow session cookies” is checked.
- Click “OK”, Click “OK” again, and it might be a good idea to restart your browser.
- From the top Pull down Menu: Select Preferences.
- A window opens, select the “Privacy” icon.
- The first pull-down menu needs to say: “Firefox will: Use custom settings for history”
- Look carefully at the list of options and make sure that “Accept third-party cookies” is checked
For more details, check out Video47 Known Issues.