The Pomona College terminal servers (AcadTS and AdminTS) are virtual Windows workstations environments that are available for faculty, staff, and students who need access to software that can only be installed on Pomona College owned computers.
The terminal servers will also provide access to user data much like what one would see on a lab, classroom or office computer. With the terminal servers, one can also access Claremont College Library online resources, something that can’t be done otherwise off campus.
The AcadTS terminal server will have applications suited more for students, faculty and academic staff.
The terminal servers can be run on or off campus on a device with an internet connection that can run remote desktop services (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, etc).
With the terminal server, the following software is available:
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc)
- Microsoft Office Proofing Tools
- Microsoft SharePoint Workspace
- The Adobe Software Suite (Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and more)
- IBM (SPSS) Statistics
- Matlab plus Optimization Toolbox
- APL + Win
- and more