Related KnowledgeBase Articles
- Set up the Pomona College VPN in Macintosh OS.
- Set up the Pomona College VPN in Windows 8 or 10.
- Set up the Pomona College VPN in Windows 7.
- Pomona College VPN for Alumni.
- How to: Configure the VPN on your iPhone.
- Troubleshooting problems with the Pomona College VPN.
- Pomona College VPN (Normal Use and Troubleshooting)
- Error: VPN connection password in Macintosh.
- The Pomona College Terminal Server, an alternative to VPN.
A virtual private network (VPN) extends a private network across a public network, such as the Internet. It enables a computer to send and receive data across shared or public networks as if it is directly connected to the private network, while benefiting from the functionality, security and management policies of the private network. A VPN is created by establishing a virtual point-to-point connection through the use of dedicated connections, virtual tunneling protocols, or traffic encryptions.
For information on the Pomona College VPN, please see the linked articles below.