Sakai is the Learning Management System (LMS) for the Claremont Colleges. Every semester a course site is generated for every course identified in the Pomona College student information system.
Logging in to Sakai
- Go to the Sakai site.
- Click on the login link in the upper right hand corner.
- Log in with your usual Pomona username
- Use your regular Pomona password.
- Once you’re logged in, you will see a horizontal menu bar with your course sites.
- Make sure you’re using a compatible browser:
Firefox 29+, Chrome 35+, Internet Explorer 11 and above
- You can reset the tool you’re working in.
The small blue double arrow button that appears to the left of the name of the tool you’re currently using is the Reset Button. It will return you to the starting point of any tool, as if you had entered the tool in a new session.
- Do not use your browser’s Back button in Sakai.
If you change your mind about a task, use the Reset button in Sakai instead of your browser’s Back button.
- Copying Content from Previous Semester’s Sites
To copy materials from a previous semester’s site to a new site, go to Site Info in the new course site. Next select Import from Site, then chose the appropriate previous course site from the list of your sites, then indicate the area(s) you want to copy, Resources usually, and finally click Finish.
This guide provides a general overview of using a Sakai course site.
A basic overview for faculty who wish to change their course site.
Please use the faculty sakai request form and ITS will get back to you as soon as possible. If this has some urgency, please call the ITS Service Desk at (909) 621-8061.