If you're looking to write a thesis or a term paper about campus sustainability issues, the Sustainability Integration Office can help you pick a topic and connect you with the information you need. Your academic work might be what the College needs to move forward with a specific problem or technology!
Past academic projects that have helped the College move forward have included:
- Capacity for photo-voltaic arrays on the roofs of College buildings (including a cost-benefit analysis)
- Opportunities for heating Haldeman pool using solar hot water heating
- Thermal imaging of buildings to determine inefficiencies in insulation
- Designing a "Sustainability Pledge" program for all incoming students
- Assessing opportunities for cost- and energy-savings through the use of more efficient lighting solutions
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about possible topics for projects and papers.
Environmental Analysis Program
The Pomona College Environmental Analysis Program is a formal academic program at the College which offers majors and minors in a variety of academic "tracks," including the sciences, politics, math, philosophy, and other subjects. This program also hosts lectures, film-showings, field trips, and other educational events open to the campus community. Contact the Program for more information.
Lectures and events
A variety of educational and extra-curricular organizations host sustainability-related events, including lectures, receptions, conferences, and panel discussions throughout the year. If you have an idea for an event, contact the Sustainability Integration Office for assistance.