We welcome visitors to campus any time of the year. Admire the majestic San Gabriel Mountains to the north (snow-capped in winter), catch a hoot from the resident owl who lives on Marston Quad or just soak in the sunshine at a table outside of Smith Campus Center. Get a sense of what Pomona students experience on a daily basis. Of course, if you want to have questions answered, current students are the experts on Pomona classes, curriculum, professors, and the million ways that creativity, intellect, activism and passion are expressed all over campus. Take a student-led tour, or just ask a random student a question.
Besides simply hanging out on campus, there are some structured ways to learn more about Pomona:
- Take a student-led tour.
- Attend an information session given by an admissions officer.
- Sit in on a class. No need to sign up in advance, but you can check the Claremont Undergraduate Course Schedule for options during your visit.
- Register for an overnight stay in a residence hall (at least 2 weeks in advance) if you are a high school senior or transfer applicant.
- Attend a rehearsal and/or speak with a faculty member in the Department of Music about the program and the many performance opportunities. (You do not have to be an intended music major, but please contact the Department to arrange a visit.)
- Attend a rehearsal or class, and/or speak with a faculty member in the Theatre and Dance Department for The Claremont Colleges about their programs and the many performance opportunities. (You do not have to be an intended theatre or dance major, but please contact the Department to arrange a visit.)
The Pomona College Office of Admissions is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. mid-August through mid-May. During the summer months (mid-May through mid-August), the Office is open 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Additionally, we are open on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. from late September through early December (excepting Thanksgiving weekend). The Office of Admissions is currently in a temporary location on campus due to construction. Visitors should check in at Room 206 of the Studio Art Hall (370 Columbia Ave., Claremont, CA 91711).
- We recommend avoiding dates immediately before or after a break, and before or during final exams. View our academic calendar for these dates.
- Allow at least two hours for a tour and information session and additional time if you’d like to visit a class.
- If you visit the campus when the Office of Admissions is not open, you may take a self-guided tour using our interactive map.