Dear Pomona College Community,
Please be aware that COVID-19 cases are rising on campus this week. Since Monday, we’ve had 26 positive test results among staff and another five among faculty.
In addition, we’ve seen 26 positive test results among the campus visitors here for the Western Credit Union National Association (CUNA) Management School, which concludes today.
This spike in cases is mirroring the trend across Los Angeles County, and we need to respond with vigilance and care.
To better protect our community, safety measures have been put in place, and we will continue to evaluate them as the situation unfolds:
- Masks will continue to be required for all those entering and working in the dining halls.
- Pomona student dining will emphasize more grab-and-go food options.
- Although not required, we strongly recommend that faculty and staff complete the daily health check.
Los Angeles County remains at the high community transmission level, and public health officials have announced that indoor masking requirements are expected to return around July 29. Those requirements will apply to indoor public spaces on our campus as well.
Additional steps you can take now:
- Indoor masking is strongly recommended (and, as noted, likely to be required soon.)
- We recommend that faculty and staff on campus continue to test weekly. This is not a requirement for fully vaccinated individuals, but we strongly encourage it.
- Unvaccinated faculty and staff are required to test with the Hamilton Health Box clinic weekly.
- If you test positive through another source, whether your own doctor, home test or traveling, please let Nurse Stephanie Garcia-Barragan (email@example.com) in the Hamilton Health Box clinic know immediately. Only our HHB professionals will be conducting contact tracing and communicating with departments and supervisors.
Thank you for your help in maintaining safety on our campus.
Assistant Vice President
Facilities and Campus Services
101 North College Way
Claremont, CA 91711