Dear faculty and staff:
Thank you once again for all your support during this eventful academic year. We appreciate all of your efforts to keep the community safe as we returned to campus.
This message outlines modifications we are making, effective Monday, May 23, to our public health protocols for the summer.
Please review the new guidelines carefully, and keep in mind that our protocols are subject to change based on COVID-19 infection rates, and updated guidance from Los Angeles County Department of Public Health.
- All members of our community must be up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. This means you have received all doses in the primary series of the Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson & Johnson vaccines and you have received one booster vaccine when eligible.
- If you are eligible and have received a second booster, please upload your proof of vaccination.
- COVID-19 testing is now optional for faculty and staff working on campus who are up-to-date on their vaccines. You can still receive a routine test each week if you choose. Testing will also be available if you are symptomatic.
- Nurse Stephanie Garcia-Barragan will be available over the summer to advise anyone with COVID-related questions and will continue to oversee and triage all (staff/faculty) positive cases at the HHB Clinic at 118 8th Street. We ask that you continue reporting any COVID positive diagnosis to her regardless of where your test was performed.
- Nurse Stephanie can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 909-607-0616.
- If you choose to test, walk-in hours at the HHB Clinic beginning May 31 will be:
- Tuesday 8:30 a.m.- to 10:30 a.m. and
- Thursday 2 p.m.- to 3:30 p.m.
- Staff who are not up-to-date on their COVID vaccine must test once per week, and please note this testing is only on the days/hours above.
- The HHB booking link will provide additional testing availability for staff members presenting COVID-19 symptoms.
- Please note that students who are working on campus this summer will be required to test once per week at Student Health Services in Tranquada.
- We strongly recommend (but are not requiring) that students, faculty and staff who are working on campus this summer wear a mask indoors. We encourage you to wear a mask based on your personal preference, informed by your comfort level and personal level of risk.
- Students, faculty and staff who are not up-to-date on their vaccination will need to wear a mask at all times indoors.
- Those students, faculty, and staff involved in summer classroom programs, including PAYS, will be asked to wear masks in the classroom and in dining halls (when not eating or drinking).
Daily Health Check
- The daily health check form is no longer required for faculty and staff who come to campus.
- However, we do ask that you fill out the daily health check if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms so Nurse Stephanie Garcia-Barragan can advise on the appropriate next steps.
Once again, thank you for your support.
VP, COO and Treasurer
AVP for Human Resources and Chief HR Officer