Dear Pomona College community,
We are writing to remind you that the deadline for obtaining a COVID-19 booster vaccine is Friday, January 28, 2022. Staying up to date on your COVID-19 vaccines is the most effective way to prevent the spread of the virus and to protect yourself from severe illness and hospitalizations.
The deadline for requesting a medical or religious exemption is also Friday, January 28.
As of yesterday, 60 percent of our faculty and staff have received a booster shot. We are pleased that over 90% of our students have received the booster.
We are a highly vaccinated community -- 100% of our students and 98% of our faculty and staff received the vaccine last fall -- and we want to achieve similarly high vaccine booster rates.
In the coming days we will come out with additional information regarding next steps on implementation of this requirement.
Student Health Services is planning on holding booster clinics on Thursday, January 27 and Friday, January 28. There are plenty of appointments available. Please use these links to sign up for SHS COVID-19 Booster clinics:
- Pfizer Clinic (Ages 16+)- Thursday, January 27, 2022, 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Moderna Clinic (Ages 18+)- Thursday, January 27, 2022, 1:15 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Moderna Clinic (Ages 18+)- Friday, January 28, 2022, 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Moderna Clinic (Ages 18+)- Friday, January 28, 2022, 1:15 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Folks should check their booster dose eligibility before signing up
- Please note insurance information is not needed. You should be able to either skip that section or choose ‘No Insurance’ to move forward.
- Please note Pfizer will be given on Thursday, Jan 27 morning ONLY. Thursday, Jan 27 afternoon and all day Friday, January 28 will be Moderna doses.
- Any individual who received a WHO-authorized international vaccine as their primary series are eligible for Pfizer booster ONLY. So, they should make sure they don’t sign up for a Moderna clinic because they will be turned away.
- Folks must bring proof of their primary vaccination series (physical card or digital copy). They will NOT be able to receive their booster without providing proof of the primary vaccination series.
- Mix and match of primary series and booster dose is allowed.