“The Music of Ray Burkhart,” International Trumpet Guild Conference, Anaheim, 2016
- Raymond David Burkhart. Complete Works for Brass Quintet: Vol. 1, Compositions," Los Angeles: Premiere Press, 2010
- “The Paris Factor: French Influence on Brass Chamber Music, 1840–1930,” Citedelamusique.fr, 2010
- “Brass Chamber Music in Circuit Chautauqua, 1904 to c.1930,” Alta Musica, 2008
- “American Ladies’ Brass Quartets Before 1900: ‘Clever, versatile, and fair to look upon’,” presented at the Second International Historic Brass Symposium in New York City, July 2012
- “Cornet and Trumpet Quartets in the United States, 1872–1939,” presented at the inaugural BRaSS Trumpet Forum at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama in Glasgow, Scotland, 2009
- “Fanfare’s Fanfares: Heralding a New Era,” presented at the 2009 Historic Brass Society/Galpin Society Joint Conference in London, England and Edinburgh, Scotland
- “The Paris Factor: French Influence on Brass Chamber Music, 1840–1930,” presented at the 2007 Historic Brass Society Conference in Paris, France
- “Brass Chamber Music in Circuit Chautauqua, 1904 to c.1930,” presented at the joint conference of the Historic Brass Society and the Internationale Gesellschaft zur Erforschung und Förderung der Blasmusik, Northfield, MN, 2006
Selected Compact Discs:
- “Fiat Lux (Let There Be Light),” McGinty Music, 2009. Arranger and performer.
- “Raymond David Burkhart: Watercolor Menagerie.” Premiere Brass Quintet, 2004. Composer, performer, and producer.
- “Parthien 10-14,” by David Moritz Michael, Pacific Classical Winds, 1998. Performer, natural trumpet.
- “The Water Journey,” (and Parthia 1) by David Moritz Michael, Pacific Classical Winds, 1996. Performer, natural trumpet.
Performed on trumpet with the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra, Los Angeles Opera, Pasadena Symphony and Pops, Santa Barbara Symphony, Long Beach Opera, Long Beach Symphony, Chamber Orchestra of the South Bay, Riverside County Philharmonic, Redlands Symphony, San Bernardino Philharmonic, Orchestra of Santa Fe (NM) and Beverly Hills Symphony. On motion picture soundtracks including: Shooter, The Matrix Revolutions, The Matrix Reloaded, A Tradition of Honor, George of the Jungle and Home Alone 2. He has also performed with major artists including Aulos Ensemble, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Mannheim Steamroller, Dave Brubeck, Bernadette Peters, Jessye Norman, for Yanni as a featured soloist, Warner Bros. Symphony Orchestra, “Bugs Bunny on Broadway” and was an Olympic Games Fanfare Trumpeters, Los Angeles 1984, to name a few.
He has played on Natural Trumpet with the Aulos Ensemble, Musica Angelica, the Los Angeles Baroque Orchestra, the Pacific Classical Winds, Santa Fe Pro Musica (NM) and the Los Angeles Bach Festival among others.