Green Office Program
Want a quick glimpse of the program? Check out this introductory guide [pdf] .
What can you and your office do to reduce your environmental impacts? What are other offices doing?
The Green Office Program is designed to help offices implement sustainable practices into their workplaces. By making a few simple changes, offices can reduce their environmental footprint, help the College save money, meet the administration's sustainability goals and commitments, and respond to the overwhelming interest of students, faculty, staff, trustees and the surrounding community in sustainability. After completing actions suggested by the program, offices are assessed and receive one of four certifications levels. Certified offices can display their certification and will be recognized in campus publications.
|Bridges Auditorium||**in progress**||Kurt Beardsley|
|Computer Science||**in progress**||Lori Keala|
|Costume Shop||**in progress**||Suzanne Schultz Reed|
|EA, Neuroscience, Interdisciplinary Programs||Silver||Anne Tessier|
|Geology||**in progress**||Lori Keala|
|Major Gifts||**in progress**||Debbie Jasco|
|Office of the Dean||Bronze||Tania Pantoja|
|Oldenborg||**in progress**||Rita Bashaw|
Physics and Astronomy
|Public Policy Analysis||Silver||Hilary LaConte|
|Office of the Registrar||**in progress**||Jeannine Appel|
|Writing Center||Platinum||Pam Bromley|
- Acquaint yourself with the program by looking through this web page and the forms (see top of the page).
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let them know you're interested in participating in the program.
- Have one person in the office fill out the Department Form, and send everyone in the office the Individual Form. At least 50% participation is required for Green Office certification. SIO staff are happy to come fill out the Department Form with you, if you'd like, and to answer any questions.
- After the Department Form has been submitted and at least 50% of people in the office have responded, the SIO will calculate your certification level and contact you. They will bring by any Green Office resources you might want (including recycling bin stickers, light switch stickers, double-sided printing/copying reminders, trash signs, and purchasing guide). They will help you identify strategies for becoming even more sustainable and answer any questions you might have.
- Congratulations! Your office is now certified for two years! The SIO will give you a poster to hang in your lounge or main office, or on your bulletin boards.
- At any time you may re-do the forms to apply for a higher level of certification.
- The SIO will contact you when it is time to re-certify.
SIO staff are happy to come to the office to fill out the forms together, or to answer any questions you might have.
For more information or any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Sustainability Integration Office at email@example.com.