Please click this link to access our Family Weekend Registration webpage. Online registration will close on February 6, 2015, but you may register on-site.
Dear Parents, Guardians and Family Members,
I am delighted to extend an invitation to you and your family to join us for Pomona College Family Weekend, February 13-15, 2015. Events begin early on Friday, February 13, so please consider arriving the day before and observing an ensemble rehearsal or attending other events on Thursday evening, February 12, 2015.
Our tradition of inviting families to campus is a great opportunity for students to share their Pomona College experience with loved ones. You will be able to meet and interact with professors, staff and other members of the Pomona College community—ask questions, sit in on a class, hear a faculty lecture and discover the College and Claremont yourself.
The Family Weekend 2015 planning committee is currently crafting a rich and exciting schedule of events that feature the best that Pomona College has to offer. Our esteemed faculty, distinguished staff, and of course, our amazing students will be part of the program. Some of the weekend's highlights are:
Pomona Family College
Engage in a range of academic and campus life discussions. A list of Friday morning classes will be made available for you to view prior to your arrival. We've also lined up some special interest lectures and seminars on Friday and Saturday. Pomona Family College Speakers include:
- Paul Cahill, Assistant Professor of Romance Languages and Literatures
- Kevin Dettmar, W.M. Keck Professor of English
- David Divita, Assistant Professor of Romance Languages and Literatures
- Gary Kates, Professor of History
- Laura Perini, Associate Professor of Philosphy
- Joti Rockwell, Associate Professor of Music
- Gibb Schreffler, Visiting Professor of Music
- Tomás Summers Sandoval, Associate Professor of Chicana/o%7eLatina/o Studies and History
- Ric Townes, Dean of Campus Life, Associate Dean of Students
Learn what it truly means to be part of the Pomona College community by attending our special Family Weekend events. Mix and mingle with faculty, staff, students and other families.
- Reception with Pomona College President David Oxtoby and his wife Claire.
- "An Academic Perspective on the Pomona College Experience" with representatives from the Academic Dean's Office.
- Summer Internship Poster Fair, and Student Panel hosted by the Career Development Office (CDO).
- Cheer on Sagehen athletes at several sporting events.
- Guided tours of the Pomona College Organic Farm.
Experience Art, Music and Culture
Visit the Pomona College Museum of Art, tour Pomona's space, watch spectacular student performances, listen to breathtaking musical numbers, or simply take a walk on a gorgeous Southern California day and enjoy the scenery.
Among our featured presentations will be:
- Guided tours of the new Studio Art Hall.
- Observe a rehearsal of the College's choral of orchestral ensembles (Thursday afternoon/evening).
- "Pomona’s Got Talent" where students showcase their talents in the performing arts.
- Ten-Minute Play Festival featuring plays written, produced and performed by members of the College community.
More events are being added to the Family Weekend schedule. Check back in January for updates to our schedule.
I encourage you to come and enjoy a sample of what your sons and daughters experience on a daily basis. It is also a wonderful opportunity for all of us to continue our conversations with you, and welcome you again into the Pomona College community.
I look forward to having you join us for the weekend!
Vice President and Dean of Students
For inquiries, please contact:
The Office of Parent Relations