Apply to Pomona College Academy for Youth Success
Please note, ALL NEW APPLICANTS MUST CURRENTLY BE ENROLLED IN 9th Grade and attend high school in LA County, Riverside County, or San Bernardino County. Also, neither college nor high school credit is awarded for participation in PAYS. Incomplete and late applications will not be evaluated.
Participants will be selected by a committee of Pomona College faculty, staff and students. The selection committee will consider every part of the application and make recommendations based on academic potential. In some cases, the selection committee will request to interview an applicant. Each year the committee admits over 30 participants.
The dates for the selection process are as follows:
- Application Deadline: Friday, February 21nd, 2014 (the application must be submitted and supporting documents must be postmarked by this day)
- Application Review: February 23rd – April 30th
- Notification of Decision: Wednesday, May 1st, 2014
Sunday, June 22nd- Friday, July 18th, 2014
There is no cost for participation in PAYS. Pomona College covers all costs including housing, food, activities, and transportation to field trips. Students will only be required to bring basic school supplies, such pencil and paper. The program has been supported through a grant from the State of California Educational Facilities Authority and for the first 3 years, by The James P. Irvine Foundation.
A complete application includes the following materials:
- Please read the PAYS application cover [pdf]
- Complete the Online Application (recommended) OR to complete a paper application [pdf]
- Complete the Pays Essay Prompts [pdf]
- Complete the recommender forms [pdf]
- High school transcript
Supporting documents (letters of recommendation, and essays, etc.) MUST be mailed, faxed, or emailed:
Draper Center for Community Partnerships
735 Darmouth Ave.
Claremont, CA 91711
If you have any questions or to have a full paper application mailed to you,
please call or send an e-mail message: Sergio Marín or Priscila Garcia at (909) 607-1810, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com