Apply to Pomona College Academy for Youth Success
Please note, ALL NEW APPLICANTS MUST CURRENTLY BE ENROLLED IN 9th Grade and attend high school in LA County, Orange County, Riverside County, or San Bernardino County. Also, neither college nor high school credit is awarded for participation in PAYS. Incomplete and late applications will not be evaluated.
Participants will be selected by a committee of Pomona College faculty, staff and students. The selection committee will consider every part of the application and make recommendations based on academic potential. In some cases, the selection committee will request to interview an applicant. Each year the committee admits 30 participants.
The dates for the 2015 selection process are as follows:
- Application Opens: Friday, January 9, 2015
- Application Deadline: Friday, February 20, 2015 (complete application and supporting documents must be postmarked by this date)
- Application Review: February 23 – April 30, 2015
- Notification of Decision: Tuesday, May 5, 2015
Summer Program Dates
Sunday, June 21- Friday, July 17, 2015
**Academic Year Calendar will be shared upon admission.
There is no cost for participation in PAYS. Pomona College covers all costs including housing, food, activities, and transportation to field trips. Students will only be required to bring basic school supplies, such pencil and paper.
Please use the PAYS Application Checklist [pdf] to ensure you submit a complete application, which includes the following components:
- Online Personal Information Form OR Paper Personal Information Form [pdf]
- Two Completed Essays [pdf]
- Two Recommendation Forms [pdf]
- Official High School Transcript
Please submit all documents by email to: PAYS@pomona.edu.
If you prefer to mail, drop-off, or fax the documents, do so to:
Draper Center for Community Partnerships
735 N. Dartmouth Ave. Claremont, CA 91711
Phone: (909) 607-1810 Fax: (909) 607-8006
If you have any questions or to have a full paper application mailed to you, please call or send an e-mail message:
Sergio Marín or Priscila Garcia at (909) 607-1810 or PAYS@pomona.edu.