Financial Aid and Affordability
Pomona's generous financial aid packages allow students of all economic backgrounds to immerse themselves in their studies and campus life.
Pomona has a long tradition of providing access to any qualified student admitted to the college. Today, alumni and other donors continue the tradition with generous contributions to the endowment and current use funds which allow us to maintain our long-standing and generous financial aid program.
The only way to know if you will be eligible for federal or state grants, federal work-study, loans, and need-based scholarships is to apply.
Facts about Financial Aid
- U.S. undergraduates are admitted on a need-blind basis; 100% of need is met for all admitted students.
- 100% of our packaged financial aid offers include no loans. Students and families may request loan assistance as needed.
- 60% of undergraduate students receive assistance toward tuition costs.
One of a handful of institutions committed to both need-blind admissions and fully funded, need-based financial aid, the College reviews each applicant entirely on the basis of academic promise, then meets 100 percent of the demonstrated need of every student admitted.
More than half of our students receive financial aid. Starting with generous scholarships—the average is about $43,000 per year—most aid packages go on to include a campus job of about 10 hours per week. All financial aid awards made by Pomona have been a combination of scholarships and grants and student employment.
Moreover, Pomona’s financial aid packages are individually designed to meet the particular needs and circumstances of each student. Through subsequent years and any fee changes, the College is committed to maintaining a level of support to keep Pomona affordable, so long as the family’s finances remain the same.
During 2014-15, the College awarded approximately $37 million (from all sources – institutional, federal, state, and private sources) in total aid to more than 890 of its 1,583 students.
Calculate your Net Price
- Calculations are based on the parameters for a freshman entering Pomona in fall 2015.
- Results are dependent on the accuracy and completeness of the information entered and intended to provide only a general guide to your eligibility for financial aid.
- Any award is not guaranteed by Pomona and is meant to be an indication of the aid you may be eligible to receive. Pomona’s Financial Aid Office is the final authority for determining the family contribution and any financial aid award.
- This is not an application for financial aid. Your information will not be retained or transmitted to Pomona in any way.
Further financial aid inquiries and requests for materials should be directed to:Pomona College Office of Financial Aid
550 N. College Avenue Room 117
Claremont, CA 91711-6327