We value the diversity and experience that transfer students bring to our academic and social communities.
- You must have completed at least one year's full-time college work at the time of enrollment. (Consult our office if you've completed less than one academic year at another college.)
- You may not transfer more than 16 credits (this is usually 16 courses). Credits are usually transferred if:
- The college is regionally accredited.
- You earned a "C" or better grade.
- Pomona offers a similar course.
- You can't apply to Pomona if you've already received a bachelor's degree.
- You must spend at least four full-time semesters at Pomona to receive a B.A. degree.
Tip: Check your own materials to provide us with the best information. For example, if your college transcripts don't state whether your classes were pass/fail, try to submit more evidence.
For International Students
If you are currently enrolled full time at a postsecondary institution, you must apply as a transfer applicant. The application deadlines for international students are also the same as those for other transfer students.
If sending paper documents, mail your materials early enough to accommodate for delivery times.
International transfer students are not eligible for financial aid.