In the classroom and in the lab, become a critical consumer and producer of knowledge of human behavior.
Our Psychological Science major and minor develop a broad background in psychological science, the theoretical frameworks used to study human behavior, empirical research and lab experience, and the sociocultural contexts of human behavior.
As a major, you’ll:
- receive a broad introduction to the methods and perspectives of psychology
- learn about research design and statistical methods
- take laboratory courses
- complete a cultural, ethnicity and psychology requirement
- take three electives
- complete a senior seminar and thesis
Research is the key to this major. All seniors complete an empirical research investigation, and all of our faculty members have active research labs.
What You’ll Study
- Psychological approaches of the study of people
- Research design and methodology
- Culture, ethnicity and psychology
- Laboratory courses
- Application of psychology to real-world problems