ed., Nineteenth-Century Choral Music (New York and London: Routledge, 2013); xviii, 521 pp., ill. music.
"Berlioz's Choral Music" in Nineteenth-Century Choral Music (New York and London: Routledge, 2013), pp. 231-65.
"New Perspectives on Thomas Myriell's Tristitiae remedium, Add. MSS 29372-7, and Add. MS 29427," Early Music, 38:1 (Winter 2010), pp. 101-12.
"Funerall Teares or Dolefull Songes?: Reconsidering Historical Connections and Musical Resemblances in Early English 'Absalom' Settings," Music and Letters, 90/4 (November 2009), pp. 555-98.
Nine entries in Dictionnaire de la musique en France au XIX siècle, ed. by Joël-Marie Fauquet (Paris: Librairie Arthème Fayard, 2003).
"Volcanic Eruptions: Berlioz and his Grande Messe des morts," The Choral Journal, 43 (November 2002), 27-55.
"Rejected Traditions: Ensemble Placement in Nineteenth-Century Paris," Nineteenth-Century Music, 22 (Fall 1998), 190-209. Reprinted in Classical and Romantic Music, ed. David Milsom. Volume 4 of Essays on Musical Performance Practice. (Aldershot: Ashgate, 2011), pp. 209-28.
"Liszt and Carolyne Sayn-Wittgenstein: New Documents on the Wedding that Wasn’t," Nineteenth-Century Music, XII/2 (Fall 1988), pp. 148–62.
Selected Book Reviews
Alan R. H. Baker, Amateur Musical Societies and Sports Clubs in Provincial France, 1848-1914: Harmony and Hostility. (Cham, Switzerland: Palgrave Macmillan, 2017), for H-France Review, 18 (May 2018), no. 102.
Ryan Minor, Choral Fantasies: Music, Festivity, and Nationhood in Nineteenth-Century Germany (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2012), for the Journal of the American Musicological Society 67:1 (Spring 2014); 244-50.
As a member of the St. Louis Symphony Chorus
Carl Orff, Carmina burana, St. Louis Symphony and Chorus; Leonard Slatkin, conductor (BMI/RCA, 1994).
American Portraits, St. Louis Symphony and Chorus; Leonard Slatkin, conductor (RCA, 1992).
Folger Shakespeare Library, Washington, D.C. – 2005 Pomona College Glee Club performance of Tallis's If ye love me, "Noyses, sounds, and sweet aires: Music in Early Modern England." (2 June – 9 Sept 2006)
Selected Professional Performances
As a member of the Millennium Consort Singers
- An Evening with Shakespeare, with appearances by Michael York, Harry Hamlin, Malcolm MacDowell, Jane Seymour and others; Moss Theater, Santa Monica, CA (Los Angeles BritWeek benefit concert, 2014)
- Songs of Celebration: Music of Britten, Finzi, MacMillan and Flaherty (2013)
- A Choral Celebration: Music of Flaherty, Howells, Redford and others (2012)
- Five Centuries of English Music: Music of Vaughan Williams, Byrd and others (2011)
- Music of Harvey, Britten, and Purcell, Walt Disney Concert Hall, Los Angeles (Los Angeles Philharmonic classical subscription series concert, 2010)
- Music of Taverner and Tavener, St. Sophia's Greek Orthodox Cathedral, Los Angeles (2007)